Firewall Lab Exercises.
Problem 1. Based on
the results in this lab, what is the default rule set for this firewall?
(Hint: If an incoming packet is not specified in a rule set, what will
the firewall do?
Problem 2. What is the type of this Lucent Firewall
Problem 3. Assume that we have a
cooperate network as shown in the figure below.
specific rule set at the incoming connection from the Internet (ether 1)
is required to protect the main office network. Design a rule set
for all of the requirements below with the Lucent IRX Firewall using
example syntax from this tutorial. (Hint: Ordering is important,
you may have more or less than 10 rules.)
You need to have rules as
1. Only allow 2 subnets are allowed to connect to all
2. Only a specific port is opened at each type of server
3. No ping traffic is allowed to all servers
4. 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 are attacker’s addresses.
5. Deny all inside IP addresses to come in from an outside
6. Port Numbers are: FTP port = 21, Telnet port =
23, and Simple Mail Transfer port = 25
The FTP server is 188.8.131.52